Winners of 'The Best of The Knot North Carolina for 2011, 2012 & 2013', as well as 'Wedding Wire's Bride's Choice Award for 2011, 2012 & 2013', today's guest blogger is Greyson Steele Photography.
Greyson Steele are located in North Carolina and have kindly provided us with some easy to follow and imaginative wedding jewelry photography tips.
Dawn Gaddy from Greyson Steele says "Some may find it difficult to photograph wedding rings & jewelry. But, we both personally love it… it gives you the opportunity to be super creative with the surroundings and available light you have. It’s somewhat of a challenge and the creativity that comes out of those shots is absolutely gratifying. Everyone’s seen the rings on the piano keyboard shots… we do them too, clients love it… But we love to be unique and really put some thought into these photos.
We offer 10 simple tips that will help you capture the beauty found in your wedding jewelry:
- No pun intended, think outside of the box
- Sometimes the box can make a great opportunity too
- Use available light sources to add amazing bokeh
- Use decorations and party favors
- Use invitations and place cards
- Rings in/on flowers are always gorgeous
- Include bridal accessories, shoes, veil, etc..
- Use down time at the reception to really take time to get these shots
- Reflections can make great ring shots
- Be creative!
Even during engagement shoots, we always try to get a great shot of the ring, in a unique way. It truly emphasizes what that shoot is for.
Plus, what brides don’t want to show off the new karats! And, when they see the artistry in these shots, they are in awe…. Or shall we say bedazzled by their bling!"