Neil Lane is among the most renowned jewelry designers in the world. The brand is particularly well-known for its engagement rings, which feature classic and vintage designs that have inspired romance for decades. As a high-end jewelry designer, Neil Lane charges high prices for his creations. As a result, it’s not always easy to get your hands on brand-new Neil Lane diamond rings unless you’re able and willing to shell out a fortune. Thankfully, pre-owned Neil Lane engagement rings allow you to save on the cost of a beautiful ring, without sacrificing quality.
But if you’ve never considered a pre-owned engagement ring from Neil Lane or another high-end designer before, you’ve probably got a few questions. For instance, what makes Neil Lane jewelry so special? Are Neil Lane Morganite engagement rings less expensive? Finally, where can you find the best deals on used or pre-owned Neil Lane rings?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, so let’s get started!
Why Neil Lane Engagement Rings Are So Popular
While there’s a certain degree of brand prestige that comes with a creation by Neil Lane, you also have to remember that he simply makes good quality jewelry. If Neil Lane rings were made with poor materials or unappealing designs, they wouldn’t have the sterling reputation they have today. Here are just a few reasons why Neil Lane engagement rings are so popular:
- Vintage Designs - There are plenty of designers out there trying to come out with completely new rings that will “wow” prospective buyers, but the vast majority of consumers simply want revitalized variations of classic and vintage designs. This recreation of past looks is a specialty of the Neil Lane brand.
- Craftsmanship - As previously stated, no high-end jewelry brand can become popular without having the fundamental skills and craftsmanship to create beautiful pieces. Fortunately, Neil Lane is known for expert craftsmanship and close attention to detail with each and every ring.
- Quality Diamonds - Most Neil Lane engagement rings feature one or more diamonds, and Neil Lane ensures that every diamond is of the highest caliber when it comes to cut, color, clarity, and carat. The brand also offers high-quality Morganite rings, which are often much more affordable than their diamond counterparts.
- Signature Details - Most jewelry designers have a signature mark on their work. Sometimes it’s a logo, other times it’s a tiny detail that many consumers may not even notice. Neil Lane often uses a signature diamond placed inside the band, which is a wholly unique feature you won’t see on many other wedding or engagement rings. Additionally, every Neil Lane diamond has the name of the brand engraved somewhere on the band.
- Celebrity Clientele - Neil Lane is relatively prominent in Hollywood, allowing him to rub shoulders with some of the world’s biggest celebrities. As a result, Neil Lane jewelry has been sighted on many famous people, including Renee Zellweger, Portia de Rossi, and Nicole Richie.
Neil Lane & The Bachelor Show
If you’re a fan of reality television, there’s a good chance that you’re already familiar with Neil Lane’s work. This is because Neil Lane has designed all of the rings for The Bachelor and The Bachelorette since 2002. And since both shows are about beautiful, glamorous people finding true love and getting married, it only makes sense that elegant jewelry would feature prominently. This increased exposure has only further catapulted Neil Lane’s brand into the public eye and made his creations highly sought-after.
Who Sells Neil Lane Rings?
In the past, it wasn’t just the cost that prohibited shoppers from getting their hands on a genuine Neil Lane wedding or engagement ring. Before he became a household name, Neil Lane sold his couture rings directly to consumers at his showroom. Later, the brand expanded to include online sales through its website. Nowadays, Neil Lane is more accessible than ever, as many of his bridal collections can be found at major retailers like Key Jewelers, Ernest Jones, and Jared.
How To Know If Your Neil Lane Ring Is Real
As previously mentioned, every genuine Neil Lane ring will be engraved with the name of the brand. This is the easiest way to determine if you’re looking at a real Neil Lane ring. However, if you’re unaware of this feature or someone has attempted to replicate it, you could still accidentally purchase a fake. Fortunately, there are other ways to determine the authenticity of your ring.
If you want to confirm that you’re getting an original Neil Lane ring (and that the diamond has not been swapped out at some point), you can take it to a professional jeweler for examination. Alternatively, if you choose to buy or sell a ring on HYSTR, a professional gemologist evaluation is a built-in part of our process.
How Much Do Neil Lane Rings Cost?
The price for a new Neil Lane ring can vary widely. You can find rings on Neil Lane’s website for as low as $5,000 and as much as $700,000. The cost depends on the design, materials, as well as the size and quality of the diamond.
However, this assumes that you plan to buy the ring new directly from Neil Lane. You can often find better deals by shopping at third-party retailers. If you’re willing to buy a pre-owned Neil Diamond ring, you can often cut the price by as much as 50%, even if it’s in perfect condition. But even if you are buying a Neil Lane ring second-hand, the price can vary based on the design. If you’re looking for a Neil Lane retired ring (a design that is no longer available), it may have an even higher value than brand-new designs.
How Much Are The Neil Lane Rings On The Bachelor?
While the Neil Lane rings featured on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette tend to be more expensive than the average Neil Lane ring, they are not the most expensive in his collection. That said, you would be hard-pressed to find any ring featured in either series for less than $45,000, with some of the rings featured in The Bachelor exceeding $100,000 in retail value. As of this writing, one of the most expensive rings on the show appeared in Season 11 and was valued at $150,000.
How To Buy Or Sell A Used Neil Lane Engagement Ring
If you want to get your hands on a Neil Lane engagement ring, there is no better method than Have You Seen The Ring. At HYSTR, we offer a huge marketplace of engagement rings from quality brands, including Neil Lane. These pre-owned rings are often on sale for a fraction of their retail value. All you have to do is find the ring (or rings) that you like, make an offer, agree on a price, and put down a deposit.
Your funds will be held in escrow while we ensure the authenticity and quality of the piece. Our licensed gemologists evaluate each ring and, once it has been certified, we release your funds to the seller and send your ring directly to your doorstep. It’s truly one of the easiest and most affordable ways to get a genuine Neil Lane engagement ring!
We hope you enjoyed our pre-owned Neil Lane engagement ring guide! Are you currently trying to buy a used engagement ring? If so, be sure to contact HYSTR today!