Buying a brand new Vera Wang engagement ring is simply not in most people’s budgets. But rather than going into a lot of debt just to get a luxury-brand ring for that special someone in your life, you can save a fortune by opting for pre-owned Vera Wang jewelry. Not only does this make Vera Wang more accessible to everyone, but it also makes it much simpler to get the engagement ring of your dreams!
But if you’ve never shopped for pre-owned engagement rings (or Vera Wang rings) before, then you probably have a few questions. For instance, why is Vera Wang such a popular choice for engagement rings? What makes the brand so special? How are Vera Wang engagement rings different from engagement rings from other brands? What is the Vera Wang LOVE collection? Finally, where can you find a marketplace to buy or sell used Vera Wang engagement rings?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, so let’s get started!
Why Vera Wang Engagement Rings Are So Popular?
Vera Wang is among the most respected haute couture designers in the world. She is particularly well known for her wedding dresses, but unbeknownst to some consumers, Vera Wang’s brand has expanded into many other luxury items, including perfume, beauty products, and jewelry. In recent years, Vera Wang engagement rings have become a favorite among those seeking high-end rings with those unique touches and embellishments that only Vera Wang can offer.
But rather than speaking broadly about the general appeal of Vera Wang as a brand, let’s take a closer look at exactly what makes Vera Wang engagement rings so popular:
- Design Aesthetic - Like any luxury brand, Vera Wang creates its own unique designs that you can’t get anywhere else. One popular feature of all Vera Wang engagement rings is the sapphire that sits under the center diamond. Additionally, there’s just something special about owning a ring designed by one of the most revered and talented fashion designers on the planet!
- Design Variety - From Solitaire rings to double Halo rings (with a twist), there is a large variety of Vera Wang engagement ring designs to suit just about anyone’s unique preferences. This makes it easier to choose a ring that fits your aesthetic requirements and your budget.
- Bridal Brand Portfolio - There’s something to be said for acquiring all of your most important bridal attire and accessories from the same designer. Since Vera Wang offers wedding dresses, special fragrances, wedding accessories, and engagement rings specifically for brides-to-be, it makes sense to coordinate various items from Vera Wang’s bridal collection for your special day (and many people do).
- Retailer Exclusivity - To maintain the quality and reputation of the brand, Vera Wang doesn’t allow her rings to be sold just anywhere. There are only a select number of retailers who sell Vera Wang engagement rings. This adds an even greater sense of value and exclusivity to Vera Wang’s engagement ring line.
- Celebrity Endorsements - While it’s not always easy to track down celebrities who have chosen Vera Wang engagement rings, it is easy to pinpoint celebs who’ve put their trust in the brand. For instance, Vera Wang's wedding dresses have been worn by big-name clients such as Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, Victoria Beckham, Mariah Carey, and Chrissy Teigen.
The Vera Wang LOVE Collection
The Vera Wang LOVE collection features all of the brand’s latest ring designs, which can vary substantially in style from one piece to the next. This collection features many different rings that focus on specific themes and motifs. For instance, you can find a simple yet modern Solitaire diamond ring with a white gold band, or you can opt for a true lab-diamond engagement ring with blue sapphires surrounding the central stone. Even if you’re not in the market for an engagement ring, the Vera Wang LOVE collection also features several elegant anniversary and wedding bands.
Why Does Vera Wang Put Sapphires In Her Rings?
If you’ve already perused Vera Wang’s LOVE collection, you probably noticed a common theme: lots and lots of sapphire stones! Not only does every Vera Wang engagement ring have a hidden sapphire nestled under the center stone (and sometimes more than one sapphire in this position), but many designs include more visible sapphires along the band or surrounding the center diamond. So, what’s with all the sapphires?
The answer depends on who you ask. The Vera Wang brand has always promoted sapphires as symbols of eternal love, and each and every Vera Wang ring includes sapphires of varying shapes, sizes, and settings. However, sapphires can also represent a variety of different characteristics and themes, such as strength, royalty, wisdom, and kindness. So, while the exact reason Vera Wang engagement rings include sapphires remains a mystery, there are plenty of good theories out there!
How Much Are New Vs Pre-Owned Vera Wang Engagement Rings?
The price of Vera Wang engagement rings can vary a lot based on the design and even where you choose to buy the ring. That said, if you go through any of the major retailers to buy a new ring, you could spend upwards of $28,000 for a premium design. If you’re looking for something more affordable, you might be able to find a Vera Wang original engagement ring for as little as $1,500, but these often do not feature large central stones. In fact, most Vera Wang rings priced under $3,000 are considered wedding or anniversary bands, as opposed to traditional engagement rings.
Fortunately, you can still get a rare or high-value Vera Wang engagement ring without breaking the bank. Much like cars, engagement rings often drop in value as soon as they’ve been purchased and held by an individual, regardless of how long the person has actually owned the ring. Depending on the rarity and condition of the ring, you could pay anywhere between 30% and 70% of the current retail price. This means you could potentially buy a pre-owned Vera Wang engagement ring that originally retailed at $28,000 for less than $9,000!
How To Buy Or Sell A Used Vera Wang Engagement Ring
Many people assume that there’s an inherent risk when buying used jewelry, and this can be true in some cases. If you try to buy directly from a seller, you could end up getting a fake diamond or overpaying for a used Vera Wang ring. Fortunately, HYSTR solves these issues for you by having each and every ring verified before you make a purchase. You just need to find the Vera Wang ring you like on our open marketplace, make an offer, negotiate the price, put the money in escrow while we verify the ring, and then wait to receive your purchase.
And if you’re looking to sell a ring through HYSTR, we also help you get the most for your jewelry. By verifying the authenticity of your ring and mediating the sale, we can help you negotiate a fair price for your Vera Wang engagement ring. All you need to do is upload photos, negotiate the sales price, submit your ring for verification by a certified gemologist, and then wait to receive your check in the mail!
We hope you enjoyed our pre-owned Vera Wang engagement ring guide! Are you currently trying to buy or sell a used engagement ring? If so, be sure to contact HYSTR today!